- MD, MSc, FRCSC, FACS FAANS
- Professor, Department of Surgery (Division of Neurosurgery), University Health Network, the University of Toronto.
- Completed his medical training at The University of Toronto (UofT). After a surgical internship, he completed a Masters degree in the Institute of Medical Sciences at UofT.
- Entered the Neurosurgical Training (Gallie) Program at the University of Toronto and completed his training and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC) in 1980.
- He was awarded a McLaughlin Fellowship to pursue advanced training in skull base and micro-neurosurgery, completing clinical Fellowships at the University of Zurich with Professor G. Yasargil and at the National Hospital Queen Square in London England with Professor L. Symon.
- Was certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery in 1986 and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS).
- Joined the Neurosurgical staff at the Toronto General Hospital in 1982 and is currently Professor in the Division of Neurosurgery at the Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network and University of Toronto.
- Is a founding member of the North American Skull Base Society and a member of the Skull Base Surgery Committee of the World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS) as well as a member of the WFNS Neuro-Endoscopy Committee.
- He helped establish the first interdisciplinary Skull Base Surgery Group in Canada at the University of Toronto and has promoted in collaboration with his ENT colleagues innovations in skull base surgery including endonasal endoscopic skull base techniques.
- Has been a dedicated teacher and Educator having received numerous teaching awards He is a member of local, national and international Committees on education. He is currently the Director of under-graduate Surgical Education at University Health Network.
- Is the former Chair of the Examination Board on Neurosurgery of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and is a former member of Evaluation Committee of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. He is a member of the WFNS Education and Training Committee. He is a former member of the Advisory Board for Neurosurgery of the American College of Surgeons. He is a delegate to the WFNS representing the Canadian Neurosurgical Society.
- Is a member of numerous Neurosurgical Societies and is on the Editorial Board of several International Journals.
- He has received numerous honors/awards during his career including the Gold Medal from the University of Messina and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario Council Award recognizing clinical excellence in patient care.
- He has been the honored guest at many international meetings and has been visiting Professor at many institutions in both North America and abroad. He was made an honorary member of the Italian Neurosurgical Society in 2005.
- Dr. Gentili currently holds two Academic Chairs, The Alan and Susan Hudson Chair in Neuro-Oncology as well as The Crean Hotson Chair in Skull Base Surgery at the University of Toronto and University Health Network.
- Dr. Gentili’s main interests are in Skull Base Surgery using both open and minimally invasive endoscopic techniques, Pituitary surgery and Radiosurgery.
Desargar CV Completo